Charlie's growth

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, April 8, 2010

8 months




I know, I know...its been 2 months since I last posted something! I am a very neglectful blogger!! I am going to have to go backwards at some point but I'll start with Charlie at 8 months.

First off....he may be one of the funniest people out there. He is such a happy little guy. He is constantly smiling and laughing. He really finds peek a boo, pretending like you are asleep and raspberries on his tummy hysterical. His laugh is a trip. Sometimes its just a squeal and then other times its an all out giggle. As soon as you say hello to him, he opens that big mouth and gives you a 2 teeth grin. It really doesn't take much to get him to smile.

He is a loud one though...I mean I guess that is no surprise. He loves to go through his repertoire of sounds. He will usually start with dadada. He then moves to baba, nana, ada ada and sometimes mama. Sometimes he will sing them and then there are other times where he will say them with alot of force. He usually doesn't say mamama unless he is tired or upset. Im going to take that as a compliment as I comfort him the best (whatever).

His motor skills are developing so quickly too! He sits really well now and likes to play in a sitting position. However, he does like to either fall forward or throw himself back so he can get to his tummy. He will play on his tummy for such a long time these days. When he is on his tummy, he can get the top part of his body up in the air. He is having trouble pulling his knees up to an all fours position. However, he will army crawl backwards like its no ones business. He also likes to pivot in a circle to play with all of his toys. He has yet to move forward on his belly. He can really cover some ground too!

He just started sleeping on his stomach in the crib. He always goes to bed on his back or side but usually by the early morning he has flipped over. Tonight he went right to his stomach and is still sleeping on it. He is sleeping exactly the same way I sleep at night. He is on his stomach with one leg bent up. His arms are kind of above his head. He is freaking ridiculous.

We have his stomach specialist appointment next week and we will find out weight/height at that time. I can say this...he is growing like a weed. He is pretty much out of his 9 month pajamas. he is fitting in some 12 month clothing now and I am pretty sure he will be in all 12 month clothing by next month. His feet and hands are really big. I have a feeling he is going to be tall (not really tall) and broad. His shoulders are still so big (just like they were at birth). He still has his beautiful blue eyes and blond hair. I think his hair color will change in a year or so and become dark brown like Tim's hair. However, I think he will keep his eye color. im not really sure where he gets the blue eyes from as I have gray/green and tim has hazel (brown/green). They are so amazing though....and so bright!

I've been so busy with work and just life in general. Time is FLYING by and I sometimes wish I could push a "slow" button. I cannot believe that he is 8 months already. I am really trying to take in each moment with him because he changes every day. I mean he really does change so much! I have so many thoughts and questions about what kind of toddler he will be, how he will do in school, what his personality will be like and what his voice will sound like. Sometimes its hard to stay in the moment with him because I'm always wondering about the future with him.

When I look into his eyes every night, we just stare at one another. Sometimes he will touch my face or my mouth with his hands. It's indescribable but mothers know what I am talking about. You really look at your child and just are in awe that you made this little human. At that moment it's like he really isn't a baby and you are the adult. It's so much more then that....it never gets old.

PS. I took the pictures today. The naked picture is so ridiculous...I couldn't resist putting it up. He looks jaundice but that is carrot apricot all over his face:)

3 comments:

  1. i just emailed you this but i am literally dying gushing over those photos. holy god that child is freaking ridiculously adorable. i'm afraid i might literally hug him to death when i see him in a few weeks. you may need to keep an eye on me. i may also steal him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe he is 8 months! He is adorable!! I'm sure it's so much fun to see his little personality coming out more and more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable pictures... And (as I told your sis) I'm so glad you're blogging again!

    ReplyDelete