Most people that are reading this blog know about my current situation. For those who do not and for those who do not know the meaning behind my blog name, here is the explanation.
My husband and I met about 5 1/2 years ago and we have been married for 1 1/2 years. We tried for about 3 months to get pregnant and were blessed to conceive in November. On January 9, 2009, my husband came home and told me that he did not want to be married anymore, did not want to be a father and he had been unfaithful. He did not want to work on the marriage. He continues to be unfaithful and is unsure as to what role he would like to play in our child's life. I am staying with my parents and I will move into my own apartment in March. We had a great life, a good marriage and I never saw this coming.
I have been in some dark places within the last month. I've felt despair, sadness and hopelessness. However, this little life inside me has shown a light on the situation that is otherwise black. This child has given me hope and a feeling that things are going to work out okay. My little one is my ray of light.
I am so lucky....an understatement...that I have such wonderful parents, a fantastic sister, supportive soon to be brother in law and amazing friends. True friends really shine in moments like this...and my friends are shining their faces off!!
So...when you read this, don't feel sorry for me. I'll make it through. My husband gave me the greatest gift he could have...this awesome child inside me. I'll take that....and discard the rest:)
Distractions
13 years ago

I love the title of this post- it is so true! You are a bright light and TS can not take that away from you!
ReplyDeleteaww katie, I just read this! it’s making me tear up and you know I hate getting emotional, haha. that was so well written & you have carried yourself through all this with such class & grace. I truly admire your strength :)
ReplyDeleteThere are so many bad thoughts that run through my head when I think of what you are going through, but you are such a strong and classy person, you make them all disappear (for a moment). You are such a beautiful person, inside and out (I'm so cheesy right now...it's the cosmos) and you are going to be such an awesome mommy!
ReplyDeleteYou have been amazing through all of this. Just proof at what a great mom you will be. The baby is very lucky :)
ReplyDelete