Where has the time gone? I cannot believe my little Charlie is almost 10 weeks old. This is insane. It is amazing how much he is learning and taking in. First off...he stares at his hands all the time and sucks on them. It is kind of hysterical watching him stare at his hands like they are the coolest thing he has ever seen. He is doing pretty well at tummy time. He lifts his head up to try to look forward. We practice every day (well...almost every day). At his 2 month check up he was 11 lb 3 oz and 23 1/2 inches long. He is a long skinny boy:) His reflux is doing okay. He still spits up a ton!! However, he isn't cranky while he is doing it. He is sleeping on average 6 1/2 hours a night. He goes to bed around 9 pm, wakes up 4, eats, then sleeps til about 7/7:30. Works for me! It is amazing how much better I feel with more sleep. Lack of sleep could definitely make me crazy and emotional!
The best part of all is just how alert and funny he has been. He smiles, coos and laughs. It's awesome. I love when he wakes up in the morning and sees my face. He gives me a big toothless grin. Or when I am trying to calm him to put him down for bed and he is staring at me and cooing. It's a love affair....and its mutual! I had said to my mom that I couldn't wait until he was able to be awake for periods of time and just "be". It always seemed that when he was a couple of weeks old that he had to be held and rocked all the time. My mom told me that it would come sooner then I thought. She was right. He just keeps growing and developing. Now I want it to slow down. He is growing out of his 0-3 month clothing so quickly.
Again...he is the light of my life. He really calms me and just brings me back down to a happy place. At church the other day (I'm now going to a UCC church in Lansdale...more details to follow), the pastor talked about how holding a child really can help you let go of all the other "stuff" you have to do in life. You have to put down your cell, stop typing on the computer, stop talking on the phone and or stop doing housework. You just have to hold and love your child. It's so true. Charlie really helps me realize that other stuff can wait. Holding him is what is important now.

No comments:
Post a Comment