Charlie's growth

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, November 16, 2009

3 months...Florida..what a happy baby!






Little Charlie is 3 months old! I can't believe it. I'll start off with his stats... On November 2nd, we had an appointment and the stomach specialist. He is doing well on the Zantac. They checked his weight and length while we were there. He was 12.5 pounds and 24 1/2 inches long. She told us that he was in the 20-25 percentile for weight and the 75th for height. Aww...he is in th 6-8th for his head. Small little head....the entire thing is filled with a big brain!

Charlie is constantly sucking/playing with his hands. He is a thumb sucker, but even more he just loves to gnaw on his fingers. He has been drooling alot too...which could be a sign of teething. He is reaching out to grab things with such determination. He is reaching out to faces as well. When I am nursing him, he will grab for my face, shirt and bra. It's so funny to see him trying to hard to reach his hand out to touch something.

He is still going 3 hours in between feedings. He went through a little growth spurt at the end of last week so he ate a bit more frequently. Its funny though because now he will nurse for 20-30 minutes. He was nursing for about 15 minutes before his growth spurt. Now..that could have something to do with the amount of milk he is eating. He went down to Florida eating 4 oz bottles. I gave him a 5 oz bottle down there (because that's what I pumped out) and he ate the entire thing. On the night we came home from Florida I gave him a 6 oz bottle because I had two frozen milk bags equal to 6 oz. I didn't think he'd take the entire thing. He did!! He sucked that down! The next day I made a 6 oz bottle for Tim to feed him...he took it. So now..its 6 oz for Charlie. My little eater! It's a little touch to keep up pumping these bottles. I had to supplement with formula for two bottles in Florida. He did great with them. I gave him two bottles of formula up here...he seemed to do okay with them too.

Charlie is a loud little baby. He loves to yell and squeal at his toys. When he is playing on his activity mat...he just yells away at the toys. He is grabbing them alot more too which is hysterical.

We also put him in the excersaucer two days ago. He seemed to really like it. His legs are so strong. He has been bearing weight on them for about a month now. He loves to be held do he can stand up...he doesn't really like to sit when you are holding him. He has rolled onto his side a few more times, but only really when he is in his crib. I've seen it through the monitor...not in person. He pulls his knees up to his chest and throws himself over to the side. Sometimes he will lay on his back and arch/stretch like he is going to roll over...but then he doesn't. I can just stare at him and watch him move, grab and play. It is absolutely amazing how much he is doing developmentally.

We had our first bout of projectile vomit two nights ago. I went to put him down at 9 pm. I was rocking him and he just looked at me funny. He spit up a little then it came out like a geyser. It was scary. I called the doctor and realized that there was nothing to worry about at the moment. He didn't have a fever, didn't seem cranky and the poo wasn't a crazy color. However, at 11 pm, he power puked again! I started to get really nervous and upset. I was crying a bit...but I pulled it together. I laid him right next to me in bed so I could make sure he was okay (im crazy...i know). I fed him at 3 am...he took it w/o spitting up. I fed him at 6 am..same thing. Since then...he has been fine. Not sure what could have done it. I gave him a bottle of formula that night...so that could have upset his tummy. However, it was the same formula that I had given him in Florida. Oh well..he is feeling much better now, which makes me feel much better!

I moved his bedtime up to 8 pm last night...as per a suggestion by my friend Jen. He slept 8 hours and then went back down for about 3 1/2. He rocked it! He is in his crib. His first night was 11/11 and he did well. He didn't sleep for that long (6 hours) but he went to bed just fine. I think he likes the crib. I think I'm the one that misses him in my room. cut the cord Katie...cut the cord.

We went down to Florida for my sister's wedding. I was very nervous/anxious about the traveling and change of location for Charlie. He was amazing. He did fine on the flight. I nursed him on the way up and then he sucked his pacifier on the way down. He became a bit cranky during the middle of both flights, but we walked him a bit and he fell right asleep. He slept in a pack and play every night down in Florid and rocked it! He slept 8-9 hours every night. Ahh..what a wonderful thing. He is so comfortable with people holding him...which was very helpful during all of the wedding festivities. My mom, aunts, uncles and cousins helped by holding him and feeding him at the wedding. He was great! He and my dad are like two little best buddies...so that was never an issue. They took a walk on the beach every morning to look at shells and the ocean. It was their guy time:) We put his toes in the ocean and at first he did not like it too much. He then became fixed on the ocean going in and out. He laughed a few times when the ocean would splash up on his feet. He is going to be a beach buddy!

The wedding was amazing. The location was just so beautiful and serene. I've never been to a more beautiful location for a wedding. Liz and Chris both looked fantastic. It was so "old Florida" which is what they were totally going for. I felt like we were famous people....very cool. Their ceremony was very intimate and meaningful. They both looked so happy. I turned to my sister during the rehearsal dinner and told her that I was so happy for her and so excited for the wedding. I admitted that I was a bit nervous that I would be sad at times, but I wasn't sad at all. Instead I felt happy and content with everything that was going on around me. It was a really great feeling.

Wow...I babbled on alot in this blog. I don't even know if my paragraphs make sense:) Charlie is taking a nap and I am trying to bang this out!

Ill leave you with this line from Kung Fu Panda which made me tear up a bit....and it is a perfect representation of where I am in my life right now. "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is mystery, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present" This is what I am working on...focusing on the present. My life is quite fulfilling right now...I am enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment