So Charlie has been in his crib since we returned home from Florida. The first few nights...not so great. he went to bed just fine but woke up about 5-6 hours after going to bed. Oh my...I was cranky and tired:) Well...my friend Jen and I were talking about his sleeping habits. I told her that I had been putting him to bed around 9-9:30 every night. He usually went on a schedule of eat, play sleep up until he went to bed. He would take a nap at 7-7:30 every night. Jen said...put him to bed at that time instead. So...I took her advice and began feeding him at 7:30 pm and putting him to bed at 8 pm. I have also been feeding him in his room, with the lights off and we listen to relaxing music. Well...that has been working like a charm!! He has been sleeping around 9 hours...and slept 10 1/2 hours last night. I kind of don't know what to do with myself from 8-10 at night. Ive been reading and watching tv. It's pretty nice.
Another funny side note is how much Charlie is moving around at night. I have a video monitor and I often will wake up to look at it, even if he isn't making any noises. I stopped swaddling him a few nights ago (mostly because he would Hulk out of it anyway). He is hysterical. he sucks his thumb like a champ..which helps him soothe himself back to sleep. However, he moves around like a crazy person. He has been rolling onto his side alot more in the last week or so. He will push himself off onto his side and suck his thumb. He often sleeps like this...it's so freaking cute. He will also start with his head at hte one end of the crib and end up turning his body 180 degrees to the other end of the crib. Hey...whatever works my son!!
Now..I know this could all change in a matter of a night. I take it day by day...and I am very happy right now!
Distractions
13 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment