Charlie's growth

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Baby Shower part deux






There were so many good pictures that I wanted to post, but I couldn't get them in to one blog (I'm not very computer savvy). There are still some others out there...I'll update if I have receive any with people that I've missed:)

My shower was held last Sunday...I can't believe its been a week!! The shower was at the Ledaroch Tea House and the theme was Mommy to Be. How cute is that!!

Everything was perfect. My mom and sister really did a phenomenal job putting it together and I had a fantastic time! People were VERY generous with their gifts. I pretty much have everything I need except for a few small items. Some highlights of the shower were a baby bonnet that my mom made for me out of my grandmother's handkerchief, a hand knit sweater from my mom's friend (Mrs. Geilec) and a crocheted set from my grandmother (she passed away last year, but she had made all the grandchildren sets for their children back in 1999). A crafty family huh!

I took off from work on Monday, and we had off on Tuesday thanks to Election Day (I love working for the state). My parents came over on Tuesday and helped me put alot together. Actually...it was mostly my dad putting stuff together:) My dad kept making me laugh by saying to my mom, "Mary, we didn't have any of this stuff when the girls were born. We didn't strap them into anything." He could not get over all of the stuff and how "BMW like" it was in it's construction. So funny....He was like, do you really need all this stuff? And my answer was...I think so?

My baby furniture is supposed to come in late this week...so that will be the next item on the list. I am really excited about decorating the baby's room and getting overstaying situated!

PS. My grandmother, God Bless her, used to have a list for my dad and uncle every time they came to her home to visit. This list included chores and general household things she needed them to do. My gram passed away in September 2008 and since about March 2009 I have been channelling her "list" with my dad. Since I don't have a useful husband/father of the baby to assit me with these things, my father has now taken on that role. He is very good at it...fixing stuff, hanging stuff, putting stuff together, coming over to take out my trash, cleaning my cat litter box etc... The poor man. He is 62 years old, retired and probably thought his list days were over. Ahh...dad, they have just begun!! ahah He is such a good soul! I am so blessed to have such a wonderful father!

2 comments:

  1. wow, your dad is 62? I would have never guessed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll have to get Charlie a little tool box and tool belt once he's old enough to balance his head...then you can start assigning him some chores.

    ReplyDelete