
Charlie was one month old on Tuesday. He has changed SO much from the first week of his birth. I have changed as well... He is so strong. He lifts his head up and when you hold him, you really have to watch him because he wants to just move and look everywhere. I swear this little boy is going to be an athlete (or have ADHD). He moves his little legs and arms all the time. When he is awake...he is moving! It is so funny because it looks like he just wants to get up and go. Now that would be funny...a one month old running around. He is now smiling, cooing and doing some kind out out loud laughter. It's hysterical!! He'll do it when we are laying in bed in the morning. I keep him in bed after our morning feeding (around 6 am or so). He is so cute to wake up to and he gives me a show. Right now, as I am neglecting him by typing, he is laughing and moving around like a champ. I left him on the pack and play the other day to throw out his diaper. I was over near the sink and I heard this really loud laughter....so funny. He is still fussy at times, but it seems to be less and less as weeks go by. I also feel that I feel more confident in my ability to soothe him.
He had his one month checkup today. He is in the 25-50 percentile for weight and height. I was a bit worried about his weight as he still seems smaller...but everything was a okay! His head, however, is small. I think she said the 10th percentile. aww....Tim has a small peahead too. He had to get a shot today. I made Tim hold him. Tim teared up..I couldn't believe it. I felt a little sick to my stomach when Charlie screamed. It sucked. I've heard that there are more shots at the 2 month visit. They think he has reflux...all signs point to it. So we are going to try baby Zantac (spelling??). All in all..he is right on target. I love the pediatrician's office we go to (thanks Jen). The nurse practitioner, Theresa, is so great and has an answer to all my questions. She has a son who is about a year old as well...so it's nice to get a real mother's perspective.
To Charlie: Thank you again my little son. You are teaching me so much about myself as a woman and mother every day. I am learning patience, humility and to just slow it down. I need to take each day as it comes. He has good days and not so good days. That's life! I have always been one to be "planning for the future". I live so much in the future that I often forget to enjoy what is right in front of me. I need to take a deep breath and just enjoy the moment. My mom has said numerous times that children grow up so quickly and to enjoy every minute with them at all stages in their life. I remember this when I become frustrated or overwhelmed. This too shall pass but how lucky am I that I get to take care of him and love him. People pay alot of money and go through so much to become pregnant. I've been blessed with Charlie.
One last thing. My mother is amazing. There are really no words to describe her but amazing. She stayed with me for almost two weeks overnight. She is always offering to come over, do laundry, cook dinner or just talk. She has total unconditional love for me. There is nothing she would not do for me....literally nothing. There are never any questions asked or feelings of being "put out" when I ask for her help. I often question if I can be that person to Charlie? I strive to be because honestly...she has also saved my life on many levels with the unconditional love she has shown. Now...this is not to leave out my dad and sister. They are also fantastic and so helpful. I would be lost without them as well. Again, I am so blessed with a giving, loving family. What a great family to be a part of Charlie!!
When you do stop, take a deep breath and take in all that you have in life...it is overwhelmingly wonderful.

good post my friend! And yes, you will do all that and then some for Charlie, when he gets older! Glad things are going well.
ReplyDelete