Charlie's growth

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 18, 2009

Godparents




I am going to get Charlie baptized. I was born and raised Catholic but I have not been practicing in quite some time. Now..I go to church with my mom here and there. I also go to church on major holidays. I would very much like to join a church but I am not sure which denomination. I did some research and found that the UCC church may be one that would suit me. In fact my mom, a very longstanding Catholic herself, suggested it to me. St. John's UCC in Lansdale is the church nearest to me and they seem to be very active in the community. So..I am going to go to their service on Sunday if I can find someone to watch Charlie.

Onto Godparents...It was a no brainer when I chose Liz and Chris (my sister and soon to be brother in law) as Godparents. My sister has been a part of my life since I was 4 1/2 years old. She has been there through every great moment and every bump. She has been a such a wonderful support to me in my life that I could not think of a better person to be my son's Godmother. Her fiance is also such a wonderful man. Throughout the last 8 months or so he has really been such a kind, caring person. He and my sister have walked right beside me throughout my heartache. This is something I will never forget. I chose them both as they are such a blessing to have in Charlie's life.

Stay tuned to see where Charlie will be baptized...will it be UCC?

1 comment:

  1. we are honored to be his godparents at whatever church you decide! we will always be there for him, and you!

    ReplyDelete