Charlie's growth

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas






My goodness I am falling behind in my blogs:)

Well Christmas is over...it flew right by us. Charlie had a very good Christmas and got alot of nice presents. He has no idea what they were but that's okay.

Christmas eve we went to 4:30 pm church at Corpus Christi. It is the children's mass and we go there every year because it's a cute mass. Charlie was so good during mass. He was tired, but just stayed awake looking at everyone and everything. During the homily, the priest invites all the children to the front to sit down and he asks them questions. My dad leans into me and says, "Are you going to take Charlie up to the front?" I laughed and said no as Charlie is only 4 1/2 months old. My dad says, "I'll take him up". So...my dad (Charlie's best friend) takes him up and sits with him. So cute and funny. We then went back to my parents house to eat dinner and open presents. Charlie was more into eating the wrapping paper then his presents. Highlights of his presents were a book (The Night Before Christmas) read by my dad (you record your voice) and an ornament of big bird with Charlie's name on it (from Aunt Lizzu and Uncle Chris). Then we went home and little Charlie went to bed at 9pm (2 hours past his bedtime).

On Christmas morning we woke up around 5:00 am to eat, then went back down til almost 9 am. Charlie woke up smiling and cooing away. Tim came over in the morning to give Charlie his presents and stayed til about noon. Tim bought him the cutest snow boots ever. He also got him some really cute books, toys and clothing. My parents and the Scharkozys (my sister and her husband) came over around 1:30. We had snacks, drank wine and played Wii. I cooked a nice dinner for everyone and we pretty much stuffed our faces. We went to bed that night very sleepy and full!

Charlie was so good during all of the festivities. He is just such a funny, happy baby. He smiles, yells, coos and laughs. He is so much fun to be around. Even when he is grumpy or crying...there is something so cute and funny about it. My sister, her husband and I were talking about Charlie's boo-boo face (when he sticks his lower lip out)...its so freaking funny and cute.

Here are some final points to sum up the holiday:

1. It's funny how many presents Charlie received and that he has no idea what any of them are as he would rather eat the paper they came in.

2. I bought myself a GPS because I wanted to.

3. I can't stop dressing my child up in ridiculous outfits.

4. This was one of hte best Christmases I've ever had.

5. Charlie makes everyone happy...what an amazing gift from God. His mere presence lights up a room.

1 comment:

  1. It's about time you updated your blog! Charlie is a gift to all of us, the best gift. He really does bring happines to anyone around him, it's an amazing talent. I remember last Christmas being so excited for this one to meet my niece/nephew and Charlie is just more amazing than any of us could have imagined. And yes the boo boo face is the freaking cutest thing I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete