Charlie's growth

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, April 27, 2009

25 weeks....watch out for the big girls



25 weeks has brought some interesting things with it....swelling. Now..I enjoy salt. Prior to pregnancy, I'd put it on everything I ate before even tasting it. Once I became pregnant, I really cut back on my salt use. However, I don't really watch the sodium content in what I'm eating. I am also pretty good about my water intake. Well...it didn't matter. On Friday, my ankles and feet were swollen. I had cankles and feet that were beginning to look like baking bread. For those of you that don't know what a cankle is...its when your calf goes right into your ankle with no real delineation of shape or size. I don't want to complain. I really don't. But...isn't it too early to swell?
Let's take that a step further. It is freaking hot out. Again, no complaints but come on. It's April not July. Stupid global warning. I had to put my air conditioner on because it was so hot in my apartment. I kept hearing dollar signs as I put it on (I'm cheap). But...it feels so good. I came home today and I was thankful for that beautiful shot of cool air on my face when I walked through the door.
One last thing....I saw a picture of myself from the MS walk that I did yesterday. I didn't recognize myself because I looked a bit "chubby". I realize that I'm pregnant, but a pasty white pregnant girl in a tank top is not hot. It's funny...when I look at myself in the mirror I think I look good. In fact, sometimes I think I'm looking kinda sexy/pretty. I think I may have body dysmorphic disorder from the looks of the photos.
So to summarize....I'm hot, baking bread in my shoes, paying money for stupid air conditioning in April and I may be a chubby pasty chick.
PS...I love being pregnant. I really do. I'm just cranky because it's hot. Stupid heat.

3 comments:

  1. Im laughing at knowing the exact tone in which you are saying these things :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the swelling, ask for some TED hose. They are knee high socks that you can wear under your pants and they help to compress the calf and keep blood moving. It will help keep it down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all- who doesn't know what a cankle is? Second- you look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete