On this Thanksgiving eve...I'd like to write some serious things that I am thankful for and of course a sarcastic letter to Tim.
Dear Tim:
Thank you for proposing to me on Thanksgiving at my aunt and uncles house. You knew that it was my favorite holiday and that we go to my aunt and uncle's home every other year. Way to go.
Your soon to be ex wife,
Katie
Okay...that had to be said. Now onto serious things. I am actually thankful to Tim because if it weren't for his DNA I would not have my beautiful Charlie. I thank God every night for giving me a healthy child and supportive, loving friends and family.
I've said this a million times before but it needs to be said again. Charlie saved my life. My strength and resilience was as a result of the need to be healthy for him while I was pregnant. My smiles, happiness and resolve was all from the joy that I had while waiting for his arrival. So..
Dear Charlie:
Thank you for being my son. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for coming into my life and tainting everything with happiness. You bring light and joy to all that you meet. I've never been in love like this....you are amazing. Oh...and thank you for being a part of Thanksgiving at my aunt and uncle's house. You know how it is my favorite holiday and I am thankful that you are joining me for it this year!!
Your sappy mommy,
Katie
PS...Tim still sucks:)
Distractions
13 years ago

Well said! On all accounts!!
ReplyDeleteYou're amazing!!!
ReplyDelete