Here I am...22 weeks pregnant! I feel great. Im struggling a bit with finding a comfortable sleeping position at nighttime, but other then that I'm feeling good.
So...for those of you that do not know, I'm a social worker. I have a degree in social work that would allow me to be a therapist if I so chose. I advocate therapy and I feel that it can be a great benefit for people in need. Funny that when I needed it, I was a bit embarrassed and felt uncomfortable admitting that I was in fact "in therapy". Well...it rocks. It is helping to keep me "saine". The reason I am writing this is to talk about something that happened in therapy that really made me realize the "mother bear syndrome". (Can i use any more quotes in this paragraph?)
We were discussing my current situation with my son's father (the artist formally known as my husband). I began to talk about my anxiety and fears surrounding his role in my son's life and how I could navigate that relationship. As I spoke about this, I became overwhelmed with emotion and anger. I began to speak about my desire to protect my son from any hurt that could come his way. In fact, there is nothing I would not do to ensure that he was protected from anyone or anything that would make him feel less then wanted. If it is up to me, he will only know how truley wanted he was! How amazing that I feel such a protection of this little being that I've really only know for 18 weeks. Its actually overwhelming how protective I feel of him.
There is a song by Jason Mraz with a line that melts me. "It takes no time to fall in love, but it takes you years to know what love is". It took me almost 6 years to know what love was and what it was not. It took my parents 36 years to really know exactly what love is. I feel that it is taking me almost no time at all to know what love is for my son. I also know that that love will grow to immense proportions. Again, amazing the lessons that I can learn from a 22 week old fetus. That Jason Mraz song's refrain is Life is Wonderful. It really is.....
(I'm hormonal)

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI love, "the artist formally known as my husband!" that made me LOL!
ReplyDeleteP.S. no one is going to hurt our little Charlie!
I have no idea why it says, "this post has been removed by the author" odd...
ReplyDeleteIt's amazing how much love you can feel for such a peanut...even when they keep you up all night not sleeping, or feel the need to lick your leg at the car dealership (Luke also licked the headlight of a car).
ReplyDelete