Charlie's growth

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Sunday, April 19, 2009

24 weeks



24 weeks...I can't believe it. This is going by really quickly. I feel like the past few months have flown by. I feel great. My belly is growing..still low. I feel him move alot especially in my lower right hand side. It is so neat to know that he is always there. He is my little buddy day and night.

I work in child welfare and there are some cases in which we have to place children into foster care. A coworker had to place a 3 month old baby on Friday afternoon. The baby boy was so sweet and tiny. I held him and I almost started to cry. I thought about my little guy and how I cannot wait to meet him. I thought about this baby's life and how so much was going on and he was only 3 months old. It's funny how being pregnant has shifted my perspective on my job...if only just a little bit. A friend of mine (Erin) made a comment about being a good parent and how it starts in pregnancy. It's so true...I want to do everything I can to protect him while he is in my body. I kind of felt that protective nature over this little baby as well. I just wanted this little guy to be "okay". Life experiences and human nature can shift your focus and perspective without you even being aware of it. Again, I digress....

2 comments:

  1. I don't know you, but you look great and very happy! I just read through some of your older posts and got caught up. You are so strong and you are going to be a great mother to your son! Good luck with this journey, it is a wonderful one....through both the ups and downs you learn so much about yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, you look great! Your little belly is so cute!

    ReplyDelete