Warning, the picture you are about to see is of some big feet. This is not for the faint of heart. Please take special notice to the double fat roll near the ankle. Also, please notice the indentations on my feet from my flip flops. finally...where hte heck is my ankle bone and did someone replace my toes with wieners? On the positive side, I can make indents in the puffiness that resemble famous people. Maybe I can make some money on Ebay.
I am feeling good still..so that is a positive. Now....the shortness of breath, heartburn, indigestion and painful rib jabbing can be a bit uncomfortable. However, I really cannot complain. I have had a wonderful pregnancy so far:) I'm gonna miss my little friend once he is in the world. I kind of enjoy the constant company.
It was my friend Steph's last day at work on Friday. There had been about 15 pregnant women at my work over the last 3 months. 4 or 5 of them have delivered and the majority of us are due this summer and the early fall. For her last day, we decided to take a picture of our bellies. We attempted to do a bare belly to bare belly. It was a super creepy feeling and freaked us out. Our photog, Danielle, was equally freaked out and basically questioned in what other realm you would take a pic with a friend bare belly to bare belly. haha. so...for blog purposes...we kept our shirts down.
I am about 85% done the nursery...I'll take pics for next week. I am in the midst of packing my hospital bag. I bought some really cute pjs and a robe from target. I am going to be a fashonista mommy. I mean my son will look like a little super model so I need to look good. I'm feeling nervous about 2 things: 1. I am nervous that I will go into labor and deliver the baby by myself at home. I have thoughts about having him in my bed or on the kitchen floor. I recognize this is irrational. 2. I am nervous for our first night home. I sometimes feel as if I am 13 years old and really don't know how to be a mom/take care of a baby. Now, I am not nervous about labor and delivery. In fact, I'm not really that worried about the hospital stuff at all. Ohh.. and I've been having 2 recurring dreams. One dream is that I can't find the baby. It's like I've lost him and I just don't know where he is...can you pray to St. Anthony to find a missing baby? (that isn't really funny i guess..but i meant it be). The second dream is that I am not feeding the baby. I am just not doing it. It is either that I can't or I wont. I need you to know, however, that I do not feel this way in real life. I will absolutely feed my baby. Please don't be alarmed.
Finally...this blog post (as well as others lately) has been erratic and crazy. And now you have a better insight into my mindset:)

You and Steph look great and the photography is wonderful- good job Danielle. I hope I am not the one delivering Charlie on your kitchen floor, I mean I think I could do it but still...
ReplyDeleteI have no words for the feet picture, truly, speechless :).
ReplyDeleteyour missing baby dream reminded me to warn you, you may and probably will wake up in the middle of the night after having fed and put charlie back to bed and not remember putting him back. You will frantically wake up, search the bed and realize that somehow, though you don't remember, you did place him back in safely back in his bassinet. haha.
As I was reading the part about delivering on the kitchen floor, all I was thinking was "thank god Jen lives closer to her than I do." PS- you look awesome! I can't believe you only have 3 more weeks!!!! Your feet are nice too.
ReplyDeletehey! what about your coach?? i am fully trained to deliver babies on kitchen floors, grocery stores, moving vehicles, etc. After all, I am the master of the 5-1-1. I didn't go to that 7 hour class for nothin ;)
ReplyDelete