Charlie's growth

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, June 4, 2009

31 weeks



As my sister would put it...you are down to single digit weeks!! 9 weeks to go. How insane. My furniture came in on Wednesday. The delivery guys put it together and it looks very nice. My recliner/ottoman set is in and my friend Jen's husband is picking it up on Sunday and bringing it into my apartment for me. Maybe I should leave a list for him too....he is an engineer like my dad. haha. I will take some pics of the nursery when I am finished. I am looking for a cute bookcase for the nursery...and Im going to check out IKEA.
I have my birthing class this Sunday. My sister Liz and I are ready to go. I have a feeling that she will be a very good "partner" and she will be more organized then me. I have a breastfeeding class next Wednesday that I am taking with two girlfriends from work. I'm looking forward to that as well.
Now...the funny thing about this blog post is this... I act as if I have it all under control and organized. Deep down...I'm spazzing a bit. I'm having some anxiety about only having 9 weeks left to prepare. However, I know that I will have everything ready. As my friends have said...you only really need diapers and your boob.
One last funny thing. I got a pedicure tonight. It was great and my toes look quite nice. The nail lady, as she was massaging my big fat feet, says, "Does your husband give you a massage?" I had many thoughts, comments, expletives and insane things to say. However I said...no, not really. The nice comment to make would be, My husband gave me this baby. I have a few mean comments about what my husband has given me but I'll leave those to your imagination:) (A massage...no, it felt like a punch in the face when he told me he was leaving the marriage, baby and had a girlfriend) oops..i wrote one down. ahha (she laughs out loud sarcastically)

No comments:

Post a Comment